- 4 salmon fillets, 170g each
- 500g of Jersey Royal potatoes
- 1 bunch of dill, shredded
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 12 asparagus spears
- 100g butter
- Chives, chopped
- Pea shoots
- Vegetable oil
- Olive oil
- Affilla cress (for garnish)
- Salmon caviar (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / Gas Mark 3
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water, gently bring to a rolling boil and cook until they are soft but not falling apart
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to dry completely. Drizzle over some olive oil, salt, a squeeze of lemon juice and mix in the shredded dill and the chives. Cover with cling film and place to one side to marinate.
- Peel the bottom half of the asparagus stems and trim off the tougher bottom parts. Blanch in a pan of boiling water for 1 minute, then drain and plunge into iced water to stop the cooking process. Remove from the water and set aside.
- For the salmon, add some vegetable oil to a non-stick pan and once hot, gently place the salmon fillets into the pan skin-side down. Gently sauté until the skin-side of the salmon is golden brown
- Place in the oven for 3 minutes depending on how cooked you like it, then remove and add a good knob of butter, a squeeze of the lemon juice and a season with salt. Baste the butter over the salmon a couple of times, then remove from the pan and allow to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Cut the Jersey Royal potatoes into quarters and place a good portion on each plate.
- Gently place the salmon fillet on top of the potatoes. Drizzle a little olive oil over the asparagus, season with salt, then arrange the asparagus on top of the salmon. Garnish the dish with some Affilla cress and some salmon caviar (optional) and serve immediately.